- Pork, 40 grams (thin slice)
- Chinese Cabbage (Wong Bok), 50 grams (1 piece)
- Shimeji Mushroom, 20 grams
- Spring Onion, 1 (about 5 cm)
- Ginger, 2 slices (thinly cut)
- Vermicelli, 8 grams (1 bundle)
- Sesame Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Water, 200ml
- Shao Xing Wine or Sake, 1 teaspoon
- Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Oyster Sauce, 1½ teaspoon
- Pepper, amount desired
- Potato Starch, 1 teaspoon (mixed with 2 teaspoons of water)
- Pre-heat a Thermos® Food Jar by filling with hot boiling water till the inner rim. Let it sit aside for 5 minutes, without covering lid.
- Cut the pork into shreds. Cut cabbage by separating leave and stem, and chop up thinly. Remove core from Shimeji mushrooms, and separate the stalks by hand. Cut spring onion diagonally, and shred ginger into thin strips.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and stir fry ginger and pork. When pork is cooked, add cabbage stem and spring onion, lightly stir fry. Add water, Shao Xing Wine (or sake), soy sauce, oyster sauce and bring to boil, then simmer for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add cabbage leaf portions and lightly heat, add vermicelli, cover pan with lid and simmer for 2 minutes. Finally, add potato starch and heat for 1 minute while mixing all contents, after that turn off heat.
- Discard water from food jar, and transfer contents made in Step 2 into food jar while it is still hot.
- Cover with lid and keep warm for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.3L Thermos® Food Jar JBQ-300. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Thermos® Food Jar.
- This dish may also be served with steamed rice.
- Please consume the dish within 6 hours after keeping warm.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.