- Chicken Thighs, 600 grams
- Dried Mushrooms, 12 pieces (soaked in hot water till soften and sliced)
- Water used to soak dried mushrooms, 800ml
- Cooking Oil, 4 tablespoons
- Ginger, 10 slices
- Spring Onions, 12
- Minced Garlic, 4 tablespoons
- Red Onions, 2 (sliced)
- Baby Corns, 10 stalks
- Snow Peas, 24
- Tomatoes, 2
- Firm Tofu, 3 (fry till golden brown)
- Dried Shrimps, 4 tablespoons (fry till fragrant)
Seasoning A for Chicken Marinate:
- Pepper, 1 tablespoon
- Corn Flour, 6 teaspoons
- Light Soya Sauce, 6 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
Seasoning B for Mushroom Marinate:
- Light Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Sesame Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Marmite, 3½ tablespoons
- Sugar, 5 teaspoons
- Dark Soya Sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Marinate chicken thighs with Seasoning A for at least 1 hour and set aside for later use.
- Marinate sliced mushrooms with Seasoning B for at least 1 hour and set aside for later use.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat, add minced garlic, ginger, sliced onions, spring onions and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add marinated sliced mushrooms, marinated chicken thighs and stir fry till outer skin of chicken turned whitish.
- When chicken thighs turned whitish, add Seasoning C, mushroom water and bring it to a boil.
- When boiling, add baby corns, tomatoes, snow peas, fried tofu and simmer for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with fried dried shrimps.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team