- Potato, 2 small (200 grams)
- Onion, 1 small (200 grams)
- Turnip, 4 small (200 grams)
- Clams, 12-16 (300 grams)
- White Fish (e.g. Sea Bream), 4 pieces (350 grams)
- Bouillon or Soup Stock Cube, 1
- Butter, 5 grams
- Water, 600ml
- Salt, amount as desired
- Pepper, amount as desired
- Parsley, a little (chopped) - optional
- Peel potatoes and cut into halves. Peel onion and cut it into quarters. Peel turnips.
- Lightly salt the white fish to season it, and let it sit aside for a while.
- Add vegetables (i.e. potatoes, onions, and turnips), water and bouillon cube to a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and heat over medium heat. Bring to boil, and cover pot with lid, continue to simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Transfer inner pot into outer pot, cover lid and keep warm for 15 minutes.
- Remove inner pot from outer pot, transfer all vegetables to a bowl. Add white fish and clams to inner pot, heat for about 5 minutes. When cooked, add butter, salt and pepper to taste, then transfer white fish and clams to the bowl of vegetables cooked earlier. Add or sprinkle broth onto dish, and add parsley to taste (optional) before serving.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- The meat pot-au-feu (stew) is common, but a pot-au-feu with delicious seafood and plenty of vegetables makes a more wholesome dish for spring season.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan