Serves 2 to 3
- Lotus Roots, 200 grams (sliced)
- Hot Boiling Water
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 4 cloves (sliced)
- Big Red Chilli, 2 (sliced)
- Chilli Bean Paste, 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onions, to garnish (chopped)
- In a Thermos® 0.71L Food Jar, add hot boiling water to the inner rim. Preheat for 5 minutes and discard the water.
- Add lotus root slices and fill Food Jar with a new set of hot boiling water till the inner rim. Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside to cook for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain the water from the Food Jar.
- With a frying pan, add cooking oil, garlic, chili bean paste, and chili. Stir fry until fragrant. Add some water (about 50ml) and allow the sauce to boil.
- When boiling, pour the sauce over the cooked lotus root slices into the Food Jar. Close the lid tightly and mix well by giving the Food Jar few shakes.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped spring onions.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® 0.71L SK-3020 Stainless King Food Jar. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Food Jar.
- If you prefer softer lotus roots, you may let it sit aside in the Food Jar to cook for 3 to 4 hours.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.