- Red Washed Potatoes, 1500 grams (1.5kg)
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Whipped Cream, 6 tablespoons
- Seeded Mustard, 2 teaspoons
- Chopped Parsley, 2 tablespoons
- Chopped Mint, 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil, 4 tablespoons
- Ground Cumin, 1 teaspoon
- Ground Coriander, 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Stock, 3 cups
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Bacon Bits, 300 grams
- Rinse potatoes and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Remove garlic skin. Crush garlic with the flat side of the knife and set aside, for later use.
- In a separate bowl, add whipped cream, mustard, chopped parsley and chopped mint and mix well. Set aside this dressing in the fridge, for later use.
- Using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat oil over low heat. Stir fry potatoes till it turn slight brown.
- Add garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock till it cover the potatoes, then add salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When boiling, cover the inner pot with lid, and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to allow heat insulation cooking for 45 mins.
- After 45 mins, save ½ cup of the vegetable stock and set it aside for later use. Drain potatoes. Add the ½ cup vegetable stock into the dressing and mix well.
- In a serving bowl, add potatoes, dressing, and mix well. Sprinkle with bacon bits and enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- This spicy potato salad is served hot.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.