Serves 3 to 4
- Black Beans, 4 tablespoons*
- Peanuts, 4 tablespoons*
- Red Dates, 4 (pitted)
- Dried Chinese Yam Root (淮山 Huai Shan), 3 pieces
- Lotus Root, 1 (cut into chunk slices)
- Chicken Feet, 10 pieces
- Meat Collagen Broth, 350ml
*about 4 Chinese soup spoons amount
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add all ingredients and top up with water till inner rim.
- Bring the contents to a rapid boil over medium-high heat and let it continue to boil for about 10 minutes.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking overnight.
- The next morning (after about 10 hours), bring the contents to boil again and transfer it back into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot, before serving the soup for lunch or re-boil it before serving for dinner.
- This recipe is based on using one of the 3.0L inner pots of Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-6000.
- This recipe is also suitable for a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000 or RPE-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- If you prefer a richer flavour, you can add more chicken feet.
- The meat broth is good to cook soup without having bones taking up space within the soup contents and yet flavourful. You can prepare the meat broth ahead and freeze them in portions.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.