Yields over 3.0L broth
- Chicken Carcass, 4
- Pork Bones, 750 grams
- Scald the carcass and bones with hot water to remove any blood and scum.
- In a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add chicken carcass and pork bones. Add water, fill it till the inner rim and bring the contents to boil for about 15 mins.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot.
- Repeat boiling* in every 10 to 12 hours for the next 3 days.
*Important: Before each boil, please give the broth a good stir to release any hot spots and also any trapped scums to avoid bumping phenomenon.
- This recipe is based on using a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-6000, which will yield about 3.2L of collagen broth. For the first 12 hours, hot water was added to continue yielding more broth.
- It is recommended to always watch over each re-boiling process to avoid potential bumping phenomenon.
- The final yield broth can be concentrated and based on individual preference, more water can be added to balance the flavour when the broth is used to cook for other dishes such as porridge, soups etc.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.