- Chicken Stock, 1 litre
- Water, 1 litre
- Minced Pork, 500 grams
- Fish Paste, 200 grams
- Shitake Mushrooms, 6-7 (stems removed and finely diced)
- Napa Cabbage, 1/2 (halved and cut into pieces)
- Fish Maw, 2 pieces
- Fish Sauce, to taste
- White Pepper, to taste
- In a separate pot, add water and bring it to a boil. Add fish maw and turn off the heat. The fish maw will soften and the excess oil will be removed.
- When the fish maw has softened, remove them from the water and slice them into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together minced meat, fish paste and diced mushroom.
- Lift handfuls of the mixture and throw them into the bowl to remove excess air.
- Pour chicken stock and water into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and bring it to a boil.
- Roll the meatballs into balls, about the size of golf balls and drop them into the chicken stock.
- Add fish maw and Napa cabbage.
- Bring the contents to a boil, then lower the heat and place the lid on, leaving a tiny gap on one side. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Adjust the lid so that it covers the inner pot fully. Carefully lift the pot and place it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot.
- Close the lid of the outer pot and leave this to continue cooking using the residual heat from the inner pot for 2 hours, or until you are ready to serve.
- Before serving, season with fish sauce and white pepper.
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity accordingly for other capacities.
- You may leave the soup in the Shuttle Chef® for up to 6 hours, and re-boil it over medium heat before serving.
Photos and original recipe courtesy of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe (Diana Gale) here.