- Onion, 2 large (washed and rinsed)
- Carrot, 3 large (washed and rinsed)
- Celery, 3 stalks (washed and rinsed)
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 2 cloves (bruised)
- Water, 2.5 litres
- Bay Leaf, 1 (washed and rinsed)
- Parsley, 6 stalks (washed and rinsed)
- Thyme, 2 stalks (washed and rinsed)
- Peppercorns, 10 pieces
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Rinse and cut onions, carrots and celery into large cubes (Note: Do not peel onions and carrots' skin)
- In a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, carrots, celery and stir fry till the vegetables are slightly golden and reduce to low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring the contents to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When boiling, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, strain the vegetable broth and remove solid contents.
- This recipe is based on using a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® KOB-6000i inner pot. Ingredients quantity can be adjusted for different capacity of Shuttle Chef®.
- You may store the vegetable broth in portions in mason jars for future use.
- If you prefer a stronger flavour, you may include any other vegetable scraps into the contents to cook this vegetable broth.
Recipe and tips courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.
Photo is for illustration purpose only and courtesy of foodviva.com.