- Seaweed, 1/2 piece
- Tofu Puffs, 2 (cut into small cubes)
- Egg, 1 (beaten)
- Dashi Sachet, 1
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Spring Onions, to garnish
- Pre-heat a Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water till the inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes. Discard water.
- Add Dashi sachet into the Food Jar and pour in boiling hot water till half full. Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove Dashi sachet from the Food Jar. Add tofu puff cubes and seaweed.
- Pour in boiling hot water till 3/4 full (about 1cm below the inner rim), close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, slowly add beaten egg (till inner rim) and gently stir the soup with a fork. Let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with spring onions. Serve with Rice, Noodles or eat it on its own.
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® Food Jar JBM-500. Suitable for JBM-501, SK-3000, JBQ-400 and JBQ-400S Food Jars too. You may adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly to different capacities of the Food Jar.
- For more variety of ingredients, you may add other preferred ingredients such as carrots, soft bean curd, minced meat (rinse with hot boiling water twice before adding) and other leafy vegetables.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.