Serves 4 to 5
- Tomatoes, 10 (medium-sized)
- Cherry Tomatoes, 200 grams
- Cooking Oil, 4 tablespoons
- Onion, 1 (diced)
- Minced Garlic, 2 teaspoons
- Minced Ginger, 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon Stick, 1
- Bay Leaf, 2
- Star Anise, 2
- Tomato Paste, 4 tablespoons
- Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Chicken Broth, 500ml
- Water, 500ml
- Strainer, 1
- Dice 7 tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and set aside for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add cooking oil, diced onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, star anise, and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add tomato paste, sugar and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and gently crush them with the spatula while frying, till all are mashed.
- When mashed, add chicken broth, water, bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot lid and transfer to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 5 hours.
- Slice the remaining 3 tomatoes into wedges and set aside for later use.
- Before serving in a steamboat pot, strain broth and garnish with wedged tomatoes.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.