Serves 4 to 5
- Chicken Feet, 20
- Mushrooms, 8 (halved)
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Star Anise, 1
- Cinnamon Stick, 1 (about 2 inch)
- Bay Leaves, 2
- Spicy Bean Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Crystal Rock Sugar, 8 to 10
- Black Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Light Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Chicken Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, to taste
- Water, half pot (about 1.0L)
- Soak chicken feet in salt water (about 2 teaspoons of salt) for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Cook chicken feet in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well and marinate them with diluted oyster sauce (mix with some water) for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry or air fry marinated chicken feet at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add fried chicken feet, mushrooms and remaining ingredients (spices and condiments), and bring the contents to a rapid boil.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 4 to 5 hours.
- After 4 to 5 hours, reboil the contents in the inner pot and transfer back into the outer pot and let it sit aside for another 4 to 5 hours.
- Before serving, reboil the contents again and let it sit aside in the outer pot for another 1 to 2 hours or until the preferred softness of the chicken feet is attained.
- This recipe is based on using 3.0L Shuttle Chef® RPE-3000, TCRA-3000 or one of the inner pots of TCRA-6000.
- When using one of the inner pots in TCRA-6000, place inner pot with the boiling contents at the bottom and the other inner pot filled with hot boiling water on the top. The Shuttle Chef® is able to retain the temperature and continue to cook the braised chicken feet.
- You can replace oyster sauce with scallop sauce, based on preference.
- For easy convenience, you may cook and leave the dish overnight in the Shuttle Chef®, reboil in the morning and reboil again before serving for dinner.
Photo and recipe courtesy of a Thermos® real consumer, M Feng Zhang.