- Rice, 2/3 cup
- Walnut Kernels, 5 to 6
- White Sugar, 1/2 teaspoon
- Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Wash, rinse and soak rice in water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Break the walnut kernels into small bits with a rolling pin.
- In a Thermos® Food Jar, add rice and pre-heat the Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water till inner rim. Close the lid tightly, and let it sit aside for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, drain water. Add walnut bits, soy sauce, white sugar and fill it with hot boiling water till 80% full.
- Close the lid tightly immediately and let it sit for vacuum insulation cooking for 90 minutes.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar JBM-500 / JBM-501. You may adjust the ingredients accordingly to different capacity.
- You may also adjust the water quantity based on your preference of the rice's softness accordingly.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China