- Brown Rice, 1/2 cup
- Hot Boiling Water
- Add brown rice into a Thermos® Food Jar, rinse it with hot boiling water and discard water.
- Preheat the Food Jar together with the brown rice by pouring in hot boiling water, close the lid tightly, give Food Jar a good shake and let it sit aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, discard water.
- Measure 1/2 cup of hot boiling water and pour into the Food Jar.
- Let it sit aside to cook for 4 hours or keep warm for up to 8 hours.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar JBM-500 or JBM-501.
- This recipe serves one adult or two children. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the different capacities of a Food Jar.
- Each step of pouring in hot boiling water must be freshly boiled, to ensure success of cooking rice in a Food Jar.
- If you prefer grainy brown rice, remove 1 teaspoon from the measured 1/2 cup of hot boiling water before pouring into the Food Jar.
- For best accuracy, it is recommended to use the same measuring cup for both brown rice and hot boiling water.