- Tri-colour Quinoa, 3/4 cup (rinsed 3 to 4 times in a mesh strainer)
- Water, 3/4 cup
- Roasted Peppers, 2 tablespoons
- Tomato Paste, 2 tablespoons
- Frozen Corn Kernels, 1 cup (rinsed)
- White Onion, 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Homemade Garlic Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- Baked Chicken Breast Filets, 2
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add all ingredients in this order: tri-colour quinoa, water, frozen corn, white onions, tomato paste, roasted peppers, homemade garlic salt.
- Cover the inner pot with lid, and bring the contents to a boil over low heat.
- When boiling, continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- When boiling, transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into the inner pot and mix the contents well.
- Before serving, top up with shredded baked chicken breast and garnish with dried parsley flakes.
- This recipe is based on using a 1.6L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® KBF-1600. You may adjust the ingredients quantity for different capacities.
- It is important to rinse any quinoa well and remove the residue on the top of the seed, to avoid bitter taste.
- You can leave the quinoa in the outer pot for up to 6 hours and top up this dish with fish, seafood or tofu.