- Eggs, 8
- Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Water, 1 small bowl
- Parsley, to garnish
- Bowl, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Beat eggs into the bowl, season with soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Add a small bowl of water and stir well.
- Add hot boiling water into a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot till half full. Place in the steaming rack and bowl with egg mixture onto the rack.
- Place the inner pot under medium heat, boil for 2 minutes and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Close the inner pot's lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 15 to 20 minutes, for vacuum insulation steaming.
- Before serving, garnish with parsley.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. Ingredients and tools can be adjusted or replaced for different Shuttle Chef® inner pot sizes and capacities.
- Both steaming rack and bowl have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed, and the bowl must be easily placed into the Shuttle Chef® when filled with contents.)
- For a softer texture, add a small bowl of soy milk before steaming.
- For a harder texture, you may leave the steamed eggs in the outer pot for 30 to 40 minutes and serve immediately.
- It is recommended to remove the bowl from the Shuttle Chef® outer pot before serving, to prevent it from cooking (even when the lid is opened). Please wear proper safety kitchen gloves as the bowl will be hot.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.