- Small Pork Ribs, 300 grams
- Carrots, 1/2 (cut into small cubes)
- Lotus Roots, 1/2 (cut into small cubes)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Spring Onions, to garnish (chopped)
- Rinse small pork ribs thoroughly, soak in water for 30 minutes and set it aside. Drain water.
- In a Thermos® Food Jar, add small pork ribs and pour in hot boiling water full till the inner rim. Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside to pre-heat for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, drain water.
- Add carrots cubes and lotus roots cubes into the Food Jar and pour in fresh hot boiling water till the inner rim. Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for a second pre-heat for 1 minute. After 1 minute, drain water.
- Add another fresh hot boiling water till the innner rim. Stir to mix the contents well, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside to cook for 2 hours.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- It is highly recommended that the hot boiling water is freshly boiled and poured immediately into the Food Jar. This will allow the vacuum insulation technology of the Food Jar to retain the optimal temperature and heat to cook the contents.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.