- Black Tea (Earl Grey), 3-4 tea bags
- Hot Boiling Water, 450ml
- Ginger, 2-3 slices
- Brown Sugar Syrup (i.e. Kuromitsu or Black Honey), 1-2 tablespoons
- In a pot, put tea bags and add hot boiling water. Steep for about 1-2 minutes, and gentle shake tea bags before removing them from the pot.
- Pour tea into a Thermos® Mug, add ginger slices and brown sugar syrup as desired.
- This recipe is also suitable for use in a Thermos® Tumbler or One-Push Tumbler.
- The tea complements Sweet Potato Rice Ball, a good picnic menu option.
- The brown sugar syrup’s richness brings out the exquisite taste and aroma of the tea.
- By adding ginger, this tea stimulates gastrointestinal function and is recommended even on days when you have no appetite.
Bonus Recipe – Sweet Potato Rice Ball:
- Cut 70 grams of sweet potatoes in 1cm cubes and soak in water. Place sweet potatoes on a heat-proof dish, wrap and heat in microwave oven for 1 minute.
Add sweet potatoes, black sesame, and a little salt to taste, to 200 grams of steam rice and mix gently. Divide into 4 rice balls.
- Slice a piece of salted salmon into half, grill for about 8 minutes.
- Cut 1 piece of red capsicum into 5mm width, heat over frying pan with sesame oil (1 teaspoon), stirring gently. Add soy sauce (1 tablespoon) and mirin (1 tablespoon), sprinkling on a little white sesame seeds.
- Put all items made from Step 1, 2 and 3 in a bento or lunch box, add some potato salad (available from supermarket deli corner) and hard boiled eggs. Ready to go!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.