- Black Tea (Earl Grey), 3-4 tea bags
- Hot Boiling Water, 300ml
- Granulated Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Fruits (apple, melon, strawberry, white grapes, etc.), quantity as desire
- Ice, amount as desired
- Cut fruits into bite-size, sprinkle on granulated sugar, and set it aside for a while.
- In a pot, put tea bags and add hot boiling water. Cover with lid for about 2 minutes to steep, then shake tea bags gently before removing the tea bags from pot. Add in fruits from Step 1 into the pot, and leave for about 3 minutes.
- Add ice to chill, transfer to Thermos® One-Push Tumbler.
- Complements Teriyaki Chicken Tortilla Roll.
- As this is an ice tea, adding a little sugar will increase the sweetness of the fruits.
- Recommend to use seasonal fruits, where applicable.
Bonus Recipe – Teriyaki Chicken Tortilla Roll:
- In advance, to make a tare (pronounced: ta-ray) dipping sauce, mix soy sauce (½ tablespoon), sugar (½ teaspoon), mirin (½ teaspoon) and sake (1 tablespoon) together.
- Lightly salt and pepper a chicken thigh. Fry both on both sides on a heated frying pan, sprinkle on tare sauce, turn to low heat, cover pan and leave to heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cut into 4 equal parts, wrap chicken with lettuce and slice cheese, and serve. If available, wrap teriyaki chicken tortilla roll in paper and tie the ends with a ribbon for better visual appeal.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.