- Dancing Chef Chicken Rendang Paste, 3 packets
- Chicken Drumsticks, 12 (approx 1.8kg)
- Water, 400ml
- Coconut Sugar, 4 tablespoons
- Lemongrass, 3 stalks (bruised)
- Kaffir Lime Leaves, 15
- Bay Leaves, 6
- Coconut Milk, 450ml
- Desiccated Coconut, 3 tablespoons (stir fried till golden brown)
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with 150 grams of rendang paste for at least 1 hour.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add water, remaining rendang paste, coconut sugar, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves and bring it to a boil using medium heat.
- When boiling, add marinated chicken drumsticks and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for overnight cooking (or at least 4 to 6 hours).
- In the next morning, bring the contents to a boil while stirring it occasionally.
- When boiling, add coconut milk and stir-fried desiccated coconut. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes, before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- You may adjust the gravy consistency with the amount of water. The water level should cover at least 2/3 of the inner pot for best thermal insulation cooking.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.