Serves 4 to 6
- Chicken Thighs, 3 (skin removed)
- Chicken Drumsticks, 3 (skin removed)
- Red Wine (Cabernet Sauvignon), 350ml
- Clear Chicken Broth, 250ml
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Pork Bacon Strips, 3 (about 100 grams, cut into about 1cm each)
- White Button Mushrooms, 5 (about 150 grams, quartered)
- Yellow Onion, 1 (thinly sliced)
- Carrots, 4 medium sized (peeled and cut into about 1cm each)
- Minced Garlic, 4 teaspoons
- Tomato Paste, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Thyme Leaves, 2 teaspoons
- Unsalted Butter, 2 tablespoons
- All-Purpose Flour, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken pieces, red wine and clear chicken broth. Mix well and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the marinated chicken pieces and pat-dry them with kitchen towels and set aside. Save the wine marinate for later use.
- In a 24cm Thermos® KFH-024 Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over low-medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using the same frying pan, pan-sear the marinated chicken wings and drumsticks for about 5 minutes each side until golden browned. Remove golden browned chicken pieces and set aside. Place the frying pan aside for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over low heat, add onion slices and carrots, and stir fry for about 7 minutes until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, add tomato paste and continue stir frying for 2 minutes until fragrant and when the paste begins to darken.
- Add wine marinate, golden browned chicken pieces and thyme leaves. Bring the contents to a rapid boil.
- Once boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Using the frying pan (cooled down after setting aside), wipe clean with kitchen towels. When cleaned, pan-sear the bacon pieces for about 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove cooked bacons and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, sauté the mushrooms for about 10 minutes until browned. Remove sauteed mushrooms and set aside.
- Prepare the beurrie manie (kneaded butter) by mixing the unsalted butter and all-purpose flour. Mix until it becomes a dough like texture to thicken the sauce later.
- After 2 hours, remove the chicken pieces from the Shuttle Chef® inner pot. Place the inner pot on the stove and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Once boiling, add beurrie manie mixture, stir well to thicken the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, place the chicken pieces back into the boiling contents in the inner pot, and garnish with golden browned bacons and sauteed mushrooms. Sprinkle some thyme, and enjoy!
- This recipe is improvised from an original recipe, courtesy of theendlessmeal.com.
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® KFH-024 Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan and Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Choose a medium-bodied to robust dry red wine for the marination, such as a cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel, or merlot.
- Pan-sear the chicken pieces on a single layer and in batches.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.