Serves 5 to 6
- Jasmine Rice, 300 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Salt, 1 teaspoon (to pre-soak with the rice)
- Vegetable Oil, 1 tablespoon (to pre-soak with the rice)
- Lean Pork, 300 grams (sliced)
- Minced Pork, 200 grams
- Corn Starch, 1 teaspoon
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 2.5 litres
- Chicken Bouillon Powder, 1 tablespoon
- Century Eggs, 3 (diced)
- Scallion, to garnish
- Fried shallots, to garnish
- Ginger, to garnish
- Spring Onions, to garnish
- Fresh Egg, 1 (optional)
- In a bowl, add washed rice, salt and oil, and mix well. Let it sit aside for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, marinate lean pork slices and minced pork with corn starch, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Let it sit aside for 20 minutes.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add rice mixture, marinated pork, water and chicken bouillon powder, bring the contents to a boil on medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes and when boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with scallions, fried shallots, ginger and century eggs.
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.