- Udon Noodles, 1 pack (pre-soak in warm water and set aside)
- Chicken Meat, 50 grams (sliced into bite-sizes)
- Ginger, 2 slices (shredded)
- Soy Sauce, to taste
- Cooking Wine, to taste
- Shimeji Mushrooms, to preference
- Curry Stocks, 2 (break into tiny bits)
- Salt, to taste
- Spring Onions, to garnish
- In a separate bowl, add chicken pieces, shredded ginger, soy sauce, cooking wine and salt. Mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a Thermos® Food Jar, add marinated chicken pieces and shimeji mushrooms. Pour in hot boiling water till inner rim, close the lid tighly and set it aside to pre-heat for 30 seconds. Drain water.
- Add udon noodles, pour in fresh hot boiling water, close the lid tightly and set it aside for 30 seconds. Drain water.
- Add curry tiny bits and pour in fresh hot boiling water to 80% full (till inner rim). Stir well, close the lid tightly and set it aside to cook for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with spring onions. Enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® JBM-500 or JBM-501. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the Food Jar capacity.
- For best cooking results, it is recommended to slice the chicken meat thinly and choose the easy-to-cook udon noodles that are commonly available at supermarkets.
- For stronger flavour, you may add in your preferred soup stock (i.e. chicken stock), instead adding hot boiling water after the curry tiny bits.
- You may replace the curry stocks with your preferred curry powder paste or mix.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.