- Hot Boiling Water, 1.5 litres
- Millet, 3 tablespoons
- Rolled Oats, 1 tablespoon
- Cod Fish, 100 grams (sliced and steamed with Ginger)
- Ginger, 1 (sliced)
- Carrot, 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Corn, 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Baby Spinach, 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Rinse all ingredients thoroughly under running water. Cut all vegetables into baby bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water up to the inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it sit for 10 mins. Discard water.
- Rinse millet and rolled oats in the food jar.
- Add carrot, corn, baby spinach and steamed cod fish slices (without ginger). Pour hot water to the inner rim and close the lid tightly immediately.
- Give the food jar a good shake and set aside. The porridge will be ready in 4 hours, and can be left in the food jar for up to 8 hours.
- This recipe is based on Thermos® JBM-501 Food Jar with 500ml capacity.
- Use a pair of fish bone tweezers to remove all bones from the cod fish.
- After steaming the fish, crumble it with your fingers to double-check that there are no bones left behind.