Serves 5 to 6
- Shredded Chicken, 150 grams
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Shiitake Mushrooms, 15 grams (soaked, rinsed & sliced)
- Dried Shrimps, 10 grams (soaked and rinsed)
- Uncooked Rice, 3 cups (washed and rinsed)
- Water, 3 cups
- Sesame Oil, 2 teaspoons
- Light Soy Sauce, to taste
- Dark Soy Sauce, to taste
- White Pepper, to taste
- Fried Shallots, to taste
- Spring Onions, to garnish
- Marinate shredded chicken with 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over low heat. Stir fry shiitake mushroom slices and dried shrimps till fragrant.
- Add rinsed uncooked rice, water, marinated chicken shreds, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and white pepper. Stir well, cover the inner pot with lid and bring it to a boil over low heat.
- When boiling or when the lid rattles, switch off heat and immediately transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to cook for 40 minutes.
- Before serving, stir the cooked rice well and garnish with fried shallots and spring onions.
Notes & Tips:
- This recipe is based on Thermos® Shuttle Chef® RPE-3000 or TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- You may adjust the quantities of the ingredients based on your preferences.
Photo and original recipe courtesy of Thermos Malaysia.