- Sesame Oil, ½ tablespoon
- Spring Onion, 10cm (25 grams, finely chopped)
- Ginger, 7 grams (finely chopped)
- Pork, 100 grams (thinly sliced)
- Shrimps, 8 (100 grams, shelled, leave the tail shell intact and remove digestive tracts)
- Chinese Cabbage (Wong Bok), ¼ (450 grams, cut to 3cm wide)
- Carrot, 60 grams (cut into half-moon slices)
- Shiitake Mushroom, 4 (40 grams, cut into bite-sizes)
- Water, 300ml
- Soup Stock, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Potato Starch, 1½ tablespoon (mixed with 2 tablespoons of water)
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add sesame oil, chopped spring onions and chopped ginger, and fry them over medium heat.
- When aroma rises, add pork and shrimps, sprinkle on salt and pepper (to taste), and fry until the colour changes.
- Add chopped vegetables, water and soup stock. Bring to boil, and mix all contents together. Cover with lid and simmer for 2 minutes, then transfer inner pot to Shuttle Chef® outer pot, cover lid and keep warm for 10 minutes.
- Remove inner pot with all contents from the outer pot, re-heat, add salt and pepper to fine-tune the taste, and finish off by adding potato starch mixture to thicken the contents.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- By heating with a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®, vegetables would not get burnt, and the taste is spread across the vegetables and meat evenly. A lot of vegetables can be consumed at one go from this dish, so it is a good body-conditioning food option.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan