- Okra, 10 pieces
- Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Water, 2 tablespoons
- Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Dried Scallops, 20 (soaked in warm water)
- Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Minced Garlic, 5 teaspoons
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Steaming Plate, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Frying Pan, 1
- Place the okra on the steaming plate.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in a steaming rack and add water till the height of the rack. Place the steaming plate on the rack, bring the water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for vacuum insulation steaming for least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, add soya sauce, water, pepper, and mix well. Set aside for later use. (Sauce)
- In a frying pan, add in oil, minced garlic, and stir fry until golden brown. Remove browned garlic and set aside for later use.
- Add in dried scallop, oyster sauce, and stir fry until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add prepared sauce and stir fry until sauce is reduced to desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce over steamed okra and garnish with browned garlic.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.