- Chicken Thighs, 1 kilogram (cut into bite-size pieces)
- Salt, ½ tablespoon
- Pepper, ½ tablespoon
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Onions, 2 (cut into wedges)
- Minced Ginger, 1 tablespoon
- Minced Garlic, 2 tablespoons
- Carrots, 300 grams (cut into large chunks)
- Grated Apples, ½ cup (approx. 1 medium size apple)
- Honey, 2 tablespoons
- Water, 800ml
- Japanese Curry Premix, 1 box
- Potatoes, 4 (cut into large chunks and soak in cold water for 30 minutes)
- Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Ketchup, 1½ tablespoons
- Hard Boiled Eggs, 8
- Season chicken thigh pieces with salt, pepper and set aside for later use.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat, add onions and stir fry till onions turn translucent.
- When onions turn translucent, add minced ginger, minced garlic and mix well.
- Add chicken thigh pieces and stir fry for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add carrots, grated apples, honey, water, Japanese curry premix and bring it to a boil.
- When boiling, add potato chunks, soya sauce and ketchup. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat and stir occasionally.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, enjoy the Japanese curry chicken with rice and hard boiled eggs!
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the capacity of your Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.