- Turnip, 1 (100 grams, cut into 6 pieces from top)
- Shimeji Mushrooms, 30 grams
- Raw Salmon, 1 piece (100 grams)
- Salt, amount as desired
- Pepper, amount as desired
- Water, 150ml
- Onion, 30 grams (cut to thin slices)
- Parsley, amount desired (chopped)
- Cream Stew Roux, 25 grams
- Milk, 50ml
- Put turnip and Shimeji mushrooms in a Thermos® Food Jar. Pour hot boiling water (separate amount) and preheat for at least 5 minutes without covering the lid.
- Cut salmon into 4 pieces (large bite size) and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Put water and onions on a small frying pan and bring to a boil. Add salmon, fry to cook. Turn off heat and add cream stew to pan to melt.
- Reheat pan with all contents over medium heat, when it thickens, add milk and mix, and warm over heat.
- Back to contents made in Step 1, drain hot water, add in all contents made in Step 4, add parsley and cover lid. Keep warm for at least 3 hours before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar JBM-502. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Thermos® Food Jar.
- This soup may be consumed on its own, or served with steam rice.
- Easily made using commercially available cream stew, this is a healthy lunch take-out or picnic option.
- Please consume the stew within 6 hours after keeping warm.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.