- Slightly Salted French Butter, 2 tablespoons (about 25 grams)
- Garlic, 5 cloves (chopped)
- Onion, 1 (chopped)
- Frozen Pre-Cooked Mussels, 650 grams (about 16 pieces)
- Mirin (Japanese Rice Wine), 3 tablespoons
- Japanese Cooking Wine, 3 tablespoons
- Cooking Cream, 500ml
- Parsley Flakes, 3 teaspoons
- Garlic Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Using a 20cm Thermos® KFH-020D Ultra-Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add chopped garlic and chopped onion, and stir fry until fragrant.
- When fragrant, add mussels and stir fry for a minute. Add mirin and Japanese cooking wine, and bring to a boil.
- Add cooking cream, parsley flakes and garlic salt. Bring the contents to a boil.
- When boiling, reduce to low heat, give the cream stew a taste, and adjust the taste to preference.
- Before serving, garnish with a sprinkle of parsley flakes. Enjoy the stew with garlic bread!
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® KFH-020D Ultra-Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the cooking pot.
- You may replace the frozen pre-cooked mussels with raw mussels. The mussels are cooked when the shells are opened.
- Should you find the cream stew salty, you may add more cooking cream to balance the taste.
- Should you prefer the cream stew to be sweeter, add more mirin.